Shaving beard is the art of manliness. Both men and women feel the necessity of the removal of hair. No doubt, the most common and popular method of removing hair is shaving.
When a youth start feeling that there are some new hairy feeling and a thin lining of hair in some new areas of the body, which he has never seen, he feels that he is now a man. Actually, the Androgens hormone is the driving force behind this feeling. This hormone moves a boy to the path of puberty.
Whatever the matter may be, the most important thing is that you have to remove your facial hair and for that, you need to know some methods by following which you can keep a smooth and good facial skin. In this regard, the universal truth is that Razor is the only weapon in the human civilization to shave facial hair.
The fact is that almost all the first user of razor make some mistakes and sometimes it leads to injury. So, from choosing razor to use it- everything should be known very well. Here are detail tips for those who are going to shave for the very first time in their life.
Is it time to start?
The most important issue of starting shaving is the time. You have to ensure that you have enough facial hair in your face and it is thick enough. In this regard, you may take advice from a senior who has a long experience if shaving.
Selection of razors:
At first, a beginner has to know or fix which type of razor he will adopt or which type will fit him. There are 4 types of razor and they are
- Straight razor,
- Classical safety razor,
- Disposable razor,
- Electric razor.
Every type of razor has its own merits and demerits and they are as bellow.
Straight razor :
Though this is the oldest method of shaving hair, still it has its appeal.
- Sharpest razor,
- Contains more weight than others,
- If it is in the hand of a master barber, it will offer the most smooth shave,
- More chance to cut,
- Not safe in a beginner’s hand,
- Old fashioned.
Classical safety razor :
Classical safety razor or 2 edged razor has been one of the first choices for the shaving persons for a long time. Before the arrival of the disposable razor, the classical safety had a monopoly business. But this is not so much safe for beginners. In some cases, it is also safe for everyone.
- Cost effective,
- Better shaving,
- Safer than the straight one,
- More control,
- Not the safest for the beginner,
- Much weight,
- Not easy to maintain,
If one part is destroyed, the razor needs to be bought.
Disposable razor :
This is the latest type of razor and it has got popularity for the beginner shavers. The youth and the teenagers like to use this type of razor. The travelers also like it to carry.
This disposable razor is now with multi-blades. It ensures the clearest shaving ever.
- Disposable and thus environment-friendly,
- More durable,
- Harass free,
- Safest method ever,
- Light and handy,
- Best for the beginners.
- Not found yet.
Electric razor :
This is the most recent invention in the world of the razor. Though it was not popular at first, it is now getting the prestige of most effective and popular razor.
It is said that you can shave even while driving, though it is prohibited strongly.
- Convenient shaving,
- Dry shaving,
- Less preparation,
- Can’t clean the skin properly,
- Chance of electric shock in case of low-grade razor,
- May excite irritation.
Thus, the teenagers may choose any one of the above as both pros and cons of every type have been discussed here.
Best time of shaving facial hair :
Yes, it is a very important matter for a safe shaving. You may shave at any hour of the day but the most important thing is that shaving just after a shower adds some extra facilities. Firstly, after a shower, the skin of the face remains very soft and you will not feel any hard touch of the razor. Another important thing about shaving time is that the best time is night because after that a person generally does not go out of the home and as a result shoot and germ can’t attack the soft unprotected skin.
Make your facial skin ready for shaving :
There are some preparations before shaving the facial hair to ensure safety. These will save the facial skin not only from the injury but also from the bacterial attack. The things one has to undergo are here in step by step.
- Wash the area to be shaven– Wash the area to be shaven- The whole face or the area to be shaven should be washed with warm water. It will soften the follicles and as a result, you will get a smoother shaving. It also helps to remove bacteria which may cause infection on your skin.
- Choosing of shaving cream- This is another important matter for a safe shaving, especially for the beginners. You have to choose a particular type of shaving cream or gel which will suit your skin. If you don’t experiment on the shaving cream, you may face different troubles in the skin. It may be irritation, allergy or anything like that.
- Apply shaving cream- Not only the choosing but also the application of shaving cream is important for safe shaving. At first, apply some cream on your face and then make foam with a shaving brush. After that try to spread the foam in all parts of your facial skin. Use the brush in a circular motion to get the highest result.
You can also use shaving gel or foam which is available in the market as ready made. In this case, you have to use your fingers to spread the foam in your face.
Application of shaving foam has many fold utilities. They are as follows-
- It softens your skin,
- It softens your beard,
- It moisturizes your skin,
- It provides a refreshing smell to make you fresh.
- Keep the foam on your face- For 2-4 minutes Stay in this stage to give your foam and skin to be adjusted. Otherwise, you will get injured if your skin and beard are not in such condition. You will get the result of staying 2-4 minutes soon when you will start shaving.
The final stage of the mission-shaving.
Then you can start shaving. There are some rules also for moving your razor on your facial skin.
- The razor has to be held in perfect direction- Holding the razor is the most important task of this stage. If you can’t hold it perfectly, you may face a disaster that is, a great injury will occur in your facial skin. It should be held very softly to avoid such condition.
- Move the razor in perfect direction- The movement of the razor in the right angle is another mostly practiced matter of a safe shaving. Held the razor and drag it on your skin in the right direction. You need not pressurize the razor in the skin.
If you have any wrinkles, you need to be sincere to drag the razor in those areas of the face.
You have to try to drag the razor from all four sides of your face. It will result into a very clear and clean shave because hair may grow from any direction. But in this case, you have to be sincere to drag the razor in the perfect direction from where the beard grows.
- Resist the intention of pressurizing the razor- Sometimes you may think that you need to pressurize the razor to shave certain place of your facial skin. But be aware of that in no condition you don’t need to do that. It will only bring disaster to you.
- Dip the razor in the water periodically- After you drag the razor on the skin, the beard is cleared and they enter into the gap of the blade. As a result, your shaving may be disturbed. To avoid such situation, dip the razor into the water you keep from before in a bowl or cup.
- You need to pull your skin where needed- Some parts of your skin may be taut and this may happen in the curvy areas. It is also situated around the jaw line also. In this case, you need to pull the place to make it flat. As a result, you can drag your razor smoothly on the place.
Another method- Electric razor for dry shave :
An electric razor is now very much popular among the people around the world. This happens because this type of razor has no or very little problem. Here are some tips for using electric razor shave.
- Apply particular pre-shave lotion suggested by the razor company in your skin before shaving .
- Wait a bit.
- Drag the razor on your facial skin in favor and against the beard.
- Shave and re-shave the areas you want to make clean and smooth
- Make the razor clean.
NB- The newcomers in the shaving arena may do better if they avoid electric razor in first few shavings.
Post shaving activities :
Your mission of shaving has not come to an end still now. You have some more activities to perform after the shaving. After all, you need to keep your facial skin soft and moisturized. The activities are as follows-
- Wash your face with warm water. If possible and you have enough time, apply some facial scrub on your face.
- Rinse the facial skin with cold water. It will help you to reduce the pain of the cuts and stop bleeding very quickly.
- Don’t try to dry your skin with a towel as it will increase your irritation in the skin.
- Use some after shave lotion or antiseptic cream. As a result, you will feel that some places have been cut. From the next time, you will have the chance to be careful.
- Never use any irritant, lotion, deodorant or anything that increases irritation.
- Clean your razor and keep it water free. Otherwise, the blade of the razor would be blunt.
This is the end of your mission shaving facial beard safely.
Now here are some answers to the frequently asked question from the young beard men or young shaver. In some regards, there are some false believes also.
Some common questions answered for you :
What should be the frequency of shaving?
Answer- It completely depends on the growth of your beard.
The more I shave the more my beards get thickened-is it true?
Answer- No, it is completely a wrong idea.
Which one is safer- manual blade or electric blade?
Answer- It is true that blade is a fact but the safety mostly depends on your patience and passion for having a good beard and smooth skin.
What is Razor burn?
Answer- Shaving without shaving gel and water, shaving with a blunt razor, shaving against the flow of beard cause skin irritation and it is called razor burn.
Can a teen keep the beard?
Answer- It completely depends on your passion to beard. There is basically no problem to have those.
have a great journey with beard and let us know if you have anything in mind. we are happy to help.